In-person appointments in the place of your choice.
This takes you out of the 4 walls of medical office and into the environment where you are comfortable in, whether it is your home, your gym or outside on running or ski trails. We will assess your needs and your goals into a great detail and provide a roadmap to your recovery and desired level of activity and performance.
What Can You Expect? How Does The Process Work?
- If you are not sure if this is for you, schedule a free online or phone discovery visit. We will get to know you better (and you will get to know us better), discuss your goals, and suggest the best approach to solve your problem.
- Schedule a physical therapy appointment.
- Physical therapist will meet with you at a place of your choice (within Anchorage, Eagle River, Girdwood). He or she will take your detailed musculoskeletal and activity history, assess your mobility, movement patterns and equipment (if needed), and establish the diagnosis as well as suggest plan of care.
- We will suggest home care, exercises and activity progression to reach your goals as well as any interventions (manual therapy, modalities) that will be helpful to get you closer to your goals.
- If you wish, we will follow up with you through email, between your appointments.
- If you feel that you would like to save time and be seen via Telehealth, we can do that.
- If your physical therapist (and you) feel that you would benefit from another specialist, we will gladly make the connection and refer you.
What We Can Help You With:
- Running injuries
- Sports injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Tendon pain
- Foot pain
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- ACL recovery and return to sports
- Osteoarthritis pain
- Return to activity after a Total Joint Replacement
- Prehabilitation (before a surgery)
- Blood Flow Restrictions Training (Owens Recovery Science)
- Trigger point Dry Needling
- Manual Therapy
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS ®)
- Sports-Specific Rehabilitation
- Run Analysis
- Performance enhancement through musculoskeletal care and movement analysis
Points To Note:
Please wear comfortable clothing, appropriate for your activity, weather, and environment (if outside).
Runners’ Edge Alaska is an important piece of the wholesome care of anybody who runs – whether it is a marathon or just running after your kids. The physical therapist will closely communicate with the rest of your team – the physician, coach, massage therapist, nutritionist to provide seamless care.